In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Friday, April 29, 2011

KLIA-Jeddah-Madinah-Mekah-Jeddah-KLIA

P1000228The Umrah is a pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, performed by Muslims that can be undertaken at any time of the year. In Arabic, Umrah means "to visit a populated place". As a technical term used in the Sharia, Umrah means to perform Tawaf round the Kaaba and Sa'i between Al-Safa and Al-Marwah, after assuming Ihram (a sacred state), either from a Miqat like Zu 'l-Hulafa, Juhfa, Qarnu 'l-Manāzil, Yalamlam, Zāt-i-'Irq, Ibrahīm Mursīa, or a place in Hill. It is sometimes called the 'minor pilgrimage' or 'lesser pilgrimage', the Hajj being the 'major' pilgrimage and which is compulsory for every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it. The Umrah is not compulsory but highly recommended. ~ Wikipedia

DSC_1783

It has been four years now since I have been asking to go. Be it Umrah or Hajj, begging Allah to give me a chance to step-foot in front of Kaabah, at least once in my lifetime, of course as many as possible. FINALLY!! Finally, it is answered. Only God knows how excited I am, happiness that over-rules everything else. The thought that I will be there in front of Kaabah, I have no words to express.

P1000023 So, my journey begins.. 27th April 2011 was my flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport which was due at 3pm (GMT +8). It was an eight hour flight which means I shall reach Jeddah at 11pm (Malaysian) which is 6pm Saudi! Also means, I will not see moonlight till I set foot on Jeddah’s soil… travelling back in time… so to speak.

DSC_1828DSC_1883

LABBAIK ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK

 

 

I am posting this from my hotel room - Holiday Villa Madinah who has internet coverage from the room. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...