In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Garlic butter prawns with salted egg..

simple to do.. kids love it, in fact... the entire family does. I am one who cooks simply..
never like the hassle, the tedious meticulous recipes.. erkkss..
I've always felt that food is what keeps us going, fuel for the body, so make it simple and nice and filling till the next meal. 




How did I prepare this... 

I needed:
  • Shrimps (peel as you wish it. I always feel it is easier for the kids to eat when I peel them all, plus I use the shell to make stock. Seriously exquisite taste when I cook soups)
  • butter.. I am 'butter lover', just love it.
  • two or three teaspoon of cooking oil
  • a little flour to coat and fry the shrimps with
  • one salted egg, boiled and mashed. 
  • cream or evaporated milk.
  • curry leaves or its' scientific name Murraya koenigii
  • of course garlic (lots) and shallots - tiny cubes of it
  • chili padi or what some call bird's eye chili/Thai chili - you have a choice to cube it or cut to two. If you like them spicy then more is good.
  • a pinch of salt and sugar (to your taste)


How? 
  • Shrimp first: clean, wash and dry the shrimps.. then just coat them with a thin layer of flour (tempura flour is nice) and fry in the cooking oil. Once almost done, pick it up and leave aside. *I never cook them for too long, else it harden and you loose the juice. 
  • Then the gravy: Use the oil to fry your shrimps, add the butter then sautee the curry leaves, shallots and garlic, add the chili padi and stir fry. Add the mashed salted egg, and cream/evaporated milk, the sugar and salt giving it a quick stir before taking it off the heat.
You can either pour the gravy onto the fried shrimps or simply mix them all in the gravy... 
serve with freshly cooked rice... 
yummy! eating time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...