In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Saturday, October 16, 2010

places of worship ~ Hindu temple

Malaysia… a country blessed with people of many religion. We learn to live and respect one another. Not into extremes, though of course you’ll find morons who tries… sheesh! Last 2.10.2010.. I followed an excursion that took me to six different places of worship. Very interesting, for me, it was more for the architecture and naturally photography because since young I have never restricted myself from ‘taking a closer look’ of what’s there and has always been intrigued by the beautiful colours. I took four of my children for the experience and knowledge that they will be getting from this. It was in an area called Sentul. You see Jalan Ipoh, Sentul Boulevard, Bandar Baru Sentul in the map? It’s within that area..

Map picture

We started the excursion from an Indian temple (Subramaniam Chettiar) situated along Jalan Ipoh. (You see the dot that says ‘Jalan Ipoh’? It is situated between that dot and the one that says ‘Kg.Kasipillay’. I forgot to tag on the map ya… smile_tongue) DSC_1700 We gathered as early as 8.45am. DSC_1430Upon arrival, I parked my car and got my gadgets out. My children enjoys looking at the pigeons while we introduce ourselves to the organizers.

We chat while waiting for the rest and sharp nine morning the excursion began. Very punctual! Our ‘tour guide’ for the day explained about the temple, it’s rituals, the architecture of the temple itself (most will house some expert from India to do up the worshipping idols/image). Each one is suppose to ‘tell’ us a story.

 

next will be a Gurdwhara, temple for the Sikhs…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...